What Commercial Insurance Is Required in Nebraska?
Some policies are required for your business in the state. The state law requires that every business with employees, whether the employees are part-time or full time, have workers' compensation insurance to cover medical bills for work illnesses and injuries. Every business-owned vehicle needs to be covered by a commercial auto insurance policy as well. Personal vehicles that are driven for work purposes should have a hired and non-owned auto insurance policy. Even though this isn’t required, it will protect you since personal auto policies will not cover business use.
Other Commercial Insurance Policies to Consider in Nebraska
Even though other commercial insurance policies may not be required for your business, there is a number to consider staying financially protected. An agent at Ally Insurance Brokers of Omaha can help you determine which policy is the best for your industry and business.
- General Liability Insurance: This policy will be recommended for every business. Some common risks, such as customer injuries and property damages, are covered. Many commercial leases do require that you have this coverage.
- Professional Liability Insurance: This policy is recommended if you are a professional and your work depends on your expertise. It covers client lawsuits over missed deadlines or mistakes.
- Cyber Liability Insurance: This policy is also recommended for most businesses in today’s world. It helps your business survive a cyberattack or data breach. It pays for legal fees, client notification costs, and related expenses after one of these attacks.
- Commercial Property Insurance: Property insurance is recommended for businesses with a physical location, even if it’s a home-based business. It protects the physical assets of the business.
- Business Owners Policy: This policy is recommended for many businesses that want to bundle general liability and property insurance in one plan. It can be one of the best policies for businesses that are looking for broad coverage.
Contact Ally Insurance Brokers of Omaha for a quote on commercial insurance.